dcarney

Timely -- Error 403: The required permission was not found / Sending transactions on behalf of user

0 votes

I'm sending transactions on behalf of other users through the API. 

I have the users set up with Role Sender. I was able to successfully send on their behalf in our testing onespan environment. 

When I try to send a transaction on their behalf through API in production, I get this error

CongaSign.SignException: {"code":403,"messageKey":"error.forbidden.noPermission","message":"The required permission was not found.","name":"Access Denied"}

I'm trying to figure out how to resolve this error

The users in our production account I'm trying to send on the behalf of are Amanda and Nicole. 

On this page https://www.onespan.com/blog/onespan-sign-developers-manage-senders-transactions-part-1 it says

"If your account has the Roles & Permissions feature enabled, make sure the admin user has been assigned an account role with at least “API Access” and “Manage users' transactions, templates, layouts (API)” permissions"

How can I know if we have Roles and Permissions enabled?

When I tried creating a new role with the “Manage users' transactions, templates, layouts (API)” permissions" permission, I don't see that permission (see screenshot).

This is blocking users from sending out transactions. Please advise. Thank you!

Approved Answer

Reply to: Timely -- Error 403: The required permission was not found / Sending transactions on behalf of user

0 votes

Hi Dan,

Yes, this permission is hidden from UI. You can create such a custom role with below API:

POST /api/account/roles

{
  "name": "API Access",
  "description": "Manage Other Sender Transactions",
  "enabled": true,
  "permissions": [
    "sender_admin.api_access",
    "transaction.access_other_users_transactions"
  ]
}

Duo

Duo Liang OneSpan Evangelism and Partner Integrations Developer

Reply to: Timely -- Error 403: The required permission was not found / Sending transactions on behalf of user

0 votes

That did it! Thank you!!

Hello! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but haven't signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off